Kinetic ceramic particle damping technology.
Cera Kinetic isolation feet is an extremely effective product incorporating specially selected materials and ceramic-based particle damping technology. Each Cera Kinetic isolation feet incorporates Audio Engineers’ unique design principles to deliver unbelievable results, providing high-efficiency particle damping.
Cera Kinetic isolation feet are capable of effective 3-dimensional, 360 degrees axial and radial damping and ceramic-based particle damping provides more efficient and wide frequency-range vibration absorption than previous solutions. Cera Kinetic isolation feet dampen and absorb the audio devices’ own resonances and vibrations from the environment.
Cera Kinetic isolation feet are designed for audio- and video devices, projectors, turntables, center-, bookshelf, floor standing speakers, speakers stands and audio furniture. Cera Kinetic isolation feet have been crafted to provide extraordinary acoustic performance with enhanced sound clarity.
Advantages of ceramic particle dampers:
- The mass of the particles placed in the container of the structure may be less than the mass they replace thus providing more effective damping.
- They are able to perform over an extremely wide frequency range, unlike viscoelastic or general hard-point dampers, which are highly frequency dependent.
- The free movement of the different sizes and extremely hard ceramic particles simply converts the kinetic energy into heat.
- Virtual analyses can be used to develop particles of the most appropriate type, size and consistency for a given application, therefore, they can be used for applications where accuracy, high efficiency and long operating time are required.
- They are able to operate over a wide load- and temperature range without loss of efficiency.
The principle behind particle damping is the absorption of kinetic energy through losses, which results from the displacement of granular particles which move freely.
Particle damping is most similar to the behavior of gravel thrown into the sand on the beach, where the sand particles immediately reduce and dissipate the kinetic energy of the impact. Particle damping technology is one of the most advanced solutions of impact and vibration damping with several advantages. General damping is performed by only a single mass, while in the case of particle damping, several small auxiliary masses perform this task in a container.
The particle dampers are highly non-linear dampers whose damping, is derived from a combination of loss mechanisms, including friction and momentum exchange, which dissipate the vibrations into heat. Because of the ability of particle dampers to perform through a wide range of temperatures and frequencies and survive for longer life, they have been used in applications such as the weightless environments of outer space or in aircraft structures.
State-of-the-art materials and technologies
Cera Kinetic isolation feet are an extremely effective combination of materials and technologies used in space technology and advanced aircraft manufacturing. The outer housing of the Cera Kinetic isolation feet is made of non-magnetic, high-quality, aluminium-magnesium-silicon alloy and a special high-performance crystalline polymer with ultra-high precision CNC machining.
The aluminium-magnesium-silicon alloy and special high-performance crystalline polymer already have excellent vibration damping characteristics on their own and effectively eliminate undesirable electronic interactions with sensitive audio device components caused by commonly used magnetizable steels.
Inside the Cera Kinetic isolation feet are special alumínium oxide ceramic particles that have a medium material density, but their hardness according to the Mohs scale is 9, which is close to the Mohs 10 hardness of the diamond. The size and hardness of the ceramic particles in the Cera Kinetic isolation feet have been designed for different vibration characteristics of the base and housing material to provide effective particle damping over a wide frequency range. The free-moving extremely hard ceramic particles of different sizes are more difficult to transmit vibrations than solid (hard or flexible) materials, so vibration absorption is much more efficient and kinetic energy is simply converted to heat.
The inscriptions and patterns of the Cera Kinetic isolation feet are made with precision laser machining.
Carbon steel ball
The carbon steel balls that can be placed on top of the Cera Kinetic isolation feet provide more effective attenuation for audio devices, center-, and bookshelf speakers.
The hardness of the carbon steel balls harmonizes with the hardness and vibration characteristics of the other materials used, providing more effective damping for sensitive audio devices. For floor standing speakers, speaker stands, and audio furniture with spiked feet, the spikes provide a sufficiently small surface area, so there is no need to use a top carbon steel ball to use Cera Kinetic isolation feet.
The ultra-high-precision CNC-machined base and housing of the Cera Kinetic isolation feet are assembled using a special high-pressure process, which is held together by the resulting vacuum effect.
With this special assembly process, no additional fasteners are required, so the free-moving aluminium oxide ceramic grains are capable of a highly effective particle damping effect.
Each Cera Kinetic isolation feet are manufactured in the EU and assembled by hand. After assembly and last quality control, Cera Kinetic isolation feet sets are placed in an exclusive laser-engraved wooden box.
From September 2022, all Cera Kinetic audio feet will be made with a new nano-ceramic surface treatment.
The nano-ceramic layer forms an extremely hard, yet flexible coating on the external and internal metal surfaces, which further improves the effectiveness of vibration damping.
- Effective 3-dimensional, 360 degrees axial and radial damping
- Effectively reduces vibrations
- Extremely hard ceramic particle damping technology
- Precise and natural sound
- Realistic sound and expansive spatial details
- Frequency-range extension
- Powerful dynamics
- Low noise
- Precision CNC machined aluminium-magnesium-silicon housing and special polymer base
- Precisely designed aluminium oxide ceramic particles of different sizes (hardness Mohs 9)
- Nano-ceramic coating
- High precision, special hand assembly
- Laser-engraved inscriptions and logo
- Color: Silk gray
- Dimensions: 1,75″ x 1,” / 45 mm x 26 mm (1,75″ x 1,15″ / 45 mm x 29,5 mm with carbon steel ball)
- Weight: 0,4 lbs / 180 g / 1 pc
- Load capacity: 100 lbs / 45 kg / 1 pc
- Available in a set of 3 or set of 4