Kinetic crystal particle damping technology.
Booster Kinetic isolation pads are the entry category into the world of advanced isolation feet for Audio Engineers. Booster Kinetic isolation pads have the technological basis of higher category isolation feet in a simpler design. Booster Kinetic isolation pads are made of unique materials and use special crystal particle damping technology. Each Booster Kinetic isolation pads incorporates Audio Engineers’ unique design principles to deliver unbelievable results, providing optimal particle damping.
Booster Kinetic isolation pads are capable of effective 2-way damping and particle damping provides more efficient and wide frequency-range vibration absorption than previous solutions. Booster Kinetic isolation pads effectively dampen the audio devices’ own resonances and vibrations from the environment.
Booster Kinetic isolation pads are designed for audio- and video devices, projectors, turntables, subwoofer, center-, and bookshelf speakers. Booster Kinetic isolation pads have been crafted to provide optimal vibration damping with enhanced sound clarity.
Advantages of crystal particle dampers:
- They are able to perform over an extremely wide frequency range, unlike viscoelastic or general hard-point dampers, which are highly frequency dependent.
- They are capable of effective damping over a wide weight range, in contrast to viscoelastic materials, which are highly weight dependent.
- The free movement of the crystal particles simply converts the kinetic energy into heat.
- Virtual analyses can be used to develop particles of the most appropriate type, size and consistency for a given application, therefore, they can be used for applications where accuracy, high efficiency and long operating time are required.
- They are able to operate over a wide load- and temperature range without loss of efficiency.
The principle behind particle damping is the absorption of kinetic energy through losses, which results from the displacement of granular particles which move freely.
Particle damping is most similar to the behavior of gravel thrown into the sand on the beach, where the sand particles immediately reduce and dissipate the kinetic energy of the impact. Particle damping technology is one of the most advanced solutions of impact and vibration damping with several advantages. General damping is performed by only a single mass, while in the case of particle damping, several small auxiliary masses perform this task.
The particle dampers are highly non-linear dampers whose damping, is derived from a combination of loss mechanisms, including friction and momentum exchange, which dissipate the vibrations into heat. Because of the ability of particle dampers to perform through a wide range of temperatures and frequencies and survive for longer life, they have been used in applications such as the weightless environments of outer space or in aircraft structures.
State-of-the-art materials and technologies
Booster Kinetic isolation pads use a highly efficient combination of materials and technologies used in advanced industry.
The outer cover of the Booster Kinetic isolation pads is made of a multi-layered, special, leather-effect material that is reinforced with an inner textile layer. The outer cover is cut and inscription accurately using a laser process, and the layers are sewn with an extremely strong polyamide fiber, which is also used in parachuting.
Inside the Booster Kinetic isolation pads are precisely sized silicon dioxide crystal grains with a hardness of 7 on the Mohs scale, providing extremely effective particle attenuation over a wide frequency range.
Made by hand
Each Booster Kinetic isolation pads is handmade in the EU. After the last quality control, the Booster Kinetic isolation pads sets are placed in an exclusive aluminum box.
- Effective 2-way damping
- Effectively reduces devices vibration
- Effectively reduces vibrations from the environment
- Crystal particle damping technology
- More accurate imaging and extensive soundstage
- Increased dynamic range
- Special leather-effect multi-layer outer cover
- Precisely sized silicon dioxide crystal particles
- Laser machined and made by hand
- Color: Soft black
- Dimensions: 2,5″ x 2,5″ x 0,6″ / 65mm x 65 mm x 15 mm (approx)
- Load capacity: 22 lbs / 10 kg / 1 pc
- Available in a set of 3 or set of 4
Prices (incl. VAT):
Booster Kinetic set of 3: 99€
Booster Kinetic set of 4: 129€
Note: Do not place pointed or sharp objects on the Booster Kinetic isolation pads as they may damage the outer casing. Do not place heavier devices than the maximum load on the Booster Kinetic isolation pads. The specified load capacity is for one piece isolation pads. Booster Kinetic isolation pads can be cleaned with a soft cloth and mild soapy water, not washed.